Saturday, October 15, 2011

Book Tower



Madison still continues to be totally into books. She will sometimes just flip through the pages and other times really look hard at one. The other day I watched her (unknowingly to her) look at an alphabet book. She was going through the letters, naming each letter (getting about a third of them correct) and then naming the object or animal next to it. I hear, "S... zebra, Y... hmmmm (it was a yak), m... monkey)." She will also just sit there by herself counting things in the books. She does much better reading to herself (in my opinion :)), but still LOVES for us to read to her. I can barely get through a page, though, since she asks question after question about each page... questions she usually already knows the answers to. For example, in reading through a Pooh book, "Mom, Piglet sad? Piglet crying? Mom, what Tigger doing? Mom, where's Pooh? ..."

The other day, Eliott had gone to bed, and she was keeping herself very quiet and busy in the living room. When I had finished washing dishes I went in to check on her. She was flipping through a book, then putting it into a pile. When i had arrived, she had quite the impressive pile! She was quite proud of it when I snapped a picture :).

No comments:

Post a Comment