Friday, November 16, 2012

Night Life

So Eliott has gone through this thing lately where he is freaked out about being in his room at night.  In desperation the other night, after him walking into our room probably 20 times (no exaggerating), I finally held the door shut until he gave up and fell asleep in Madison's bed (Madison had gotten into our bed since she obviously couldn't sleep either).  This has worked in the past, but for some reason this time it just made it worse (and made me feel terrible) and the next several bed and nap times he freaked out about the word 'bed' and would say over and over 'no bed, no bed, leave door open'... so sad.  So, the other night I tried something new... putting him in bed with his sleeping sister.  I wasn't sure if she was going to be ok with this, but she was sleeping and I was desperate.  They both slept great until at 6:50 in the morning Eliott was crying because he had fallen and was stuck between the bed and the wall.  I helped him get back out and he snuggled back in next to sis and immediately fell back asleep until 8:00 or so.  So sweet.  Since Madison's bed isn't big enough for my two night time movers, tonight we rearranged their room so their beds are next to each other.  As I type, they are in there jabbering to each other as they lay in bed.  Madison is doing most of the 'teaching' and Eliott is following most of her comments up with either a 'Ya', or the last few words of whatever her sentence was.  I have heard her tell him a few times that he needs to stay in bed and one time he got down and then got back up after she told him to get back in bed (joy).  I am laughing at some of the conversation that is happening...

Madison - "Some people, big people, like Mommy and Daddy, people who can drive around, they get to stay up longer"
T - "Stay up longer?"

Madison - "Mommy helps Daddy and Daddy helps Mommy, because, well, Mommy isn't very good about fixing stuff."
T - "Fixing stuff?"

Ha... We'll still see if I'm laughing at midnight :)

Now she is singing to him telling him he needs to be quiet... he is chattering away.

Ending to the night drama... Madison walks out and tells me "T's being silly".  I ended up caving and laid in there until Eliott fell asleep.  Madison will be drifting off shortly.  Oh the things I have done for sleep :).

1 comment:

  1. these are the days:) love the sweet conversation between your kiddos! hope for sleep for you tonight!

    ReplyDelete