Monday, January 7, 2013

January 7th... How many times have I said that date???

Well today, January 7th, has come and is quickly winding down.  The first thing you want to know when you find out your pregnant is 'what's the due date'.  And since then, I have probably said this date a couple hundred times.  I have certainly felt in the last three weeks that Baby Hoffert would have made his/her entrance by now, but this baby obviously has different plans.  Believe me, I have tried each trick that I have heard to help meet this baby but the the same God that created the little parts of this babe in my belly is the only one who decides when this body of mine is going to give in.

With that said, the day was a warm 30+ degree day so we headed outside.  We built a snowman and went sledding down our 'hill' in our backyard.  It was so nice out and I can't remember the last time I (we) made a snowman.  Madison was actually quite the hard worker with this snow-woman (as she declared), using her bucket to collect snow, helping me roll snowballs, packing snow, and even trying to lift the second snowball herself before seeing it crash to the ground.  As I shoved a carrot in for it's nose and cranberries in for eyes and mouths, I had both of them jumping and squealing in front of me.  The first carrot nose was quickly eaten by Chief, but we quickly replaced it and snapped a few photos... I'm sure it won't last long.  I know there are many things that will soon be 'put on hold' when this sweet baby of ours is here so I was thankful for another day to carry this baby in my belly... although I will rejoice the day when I am carrying him/her in my arms (and can pass babe off every now and then :)).  Soon we will meet you little one... you have many of us anxious!

1 comment:

  1. Praying all goes smoothly!!! Can't wait for the big news soon!

    ReplyDelete