Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pumpkin Pickin'



We moved in July and our idea of a garden was quickly fading.  Matt was at Menards one day and decided to grab a couple of seeds and we threw them in.  Literally we planted them, walked away, watered a few times, and it grew.  Incredible... I was literally amazed at how God uses something so tiny, provides it's food, and you have huge plants!  My mom has always had awesome gardens but it was a bit different when it was in my own back yard.  I know the fact that the river floods our garden area every few years and that helps, but it was fun.

Anyways, we planted a couple of pumpkin seeds and pumpkins actually grew.  Three of them... how perfect.  We plan to plant a whole patch next year since they were so fun to watch grow.  Madison had her eye on the first pumpkin that was turning orange.  Every time we went out there she would look at me and mouth "That's mine, Mom".  Once the other two started turning, and one of the other pumpkins began to grow a bit larger than 'hers', she turned to me and said, "Mom, I've got an idea.  How about I have this pumpkin (the largest) and T can have that one."

We finally picked them today and brought them up to the house... we shall carve them next weekend.
About to pick our pumpkins

No comments:

Post a Comment