Friday, July 4, 2014

One of our favorite days of the year!

Strawberry Farm 2014... this year did not disappoint.  This year we were on top of our game and were out on one of the first weekends.  There were lots of big juicy berries and we certainly took advantage. Ever since we ran out of jam last winter, I was determined to do a better job this year.  I think I overwhelmed myself as I was still cutting off stems well into the night the following day.  Gramma Lori rocks... this year she even went to the farm for her strawberries the day before so she could help with little ones this year.  Madison helped the whole time and was determined to fill her who bucket.  She picked at least as many as I did if not more.  Her patience and persistence is impressive.  Tman, for the first year, was actually incredibly helpful as well.  He was filling his bucket fast until Gramma decided Taylor had eaten and stepped on her share and the three of them went to check out the animals.  Madi and I pressed on and filled two whole buckets.  A good day, followed by finger-lickin' tastey, tastey jam!












No comments:

Post a Comment