Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Well I had a moment on Mothers Day this year...

When I was little, I used to beg my mom to put curlers in my hair. Before I would go to bed, I would wash my hair and sit on the floor while my mom rolled my hair up in these little sponge curlers. The best part was waking up the next morning, unrolling each curler to find a little tight roll of hair spring back up.

As I strolled through Target the other day, I found the same sponge rollers. As I sat there debating whether or not to spend the ten bucks, I finally threw them in the cart. That spur of the moment decision made one special, unexpected "mother's day" moment for me.

As Madison sat in the floor in front of me, ironically wearing a baseball shirt with the name "Berry" printed on the back that used to be mine, I somehow convinced her to sit still enough for about 20 minutes as I rolled her hair up. It was a crazy moment... still not believing sometimes that I am at the point in my life that I have a little (or not-so-little) girl anymore. Another reminder to enjoy every moment... as it is flying by!

The whole time, Madison wasn't quite sure if she wanted these in her hair, but I convinced her that Pooh Bear could have some curlers in his hair as well. She finally accepted. Surprising to me, she sat there as I finally rolled the last curler. I handed her the mirror and she studied her new 'do'. The funny face in the picture was her first reaction. Matt then made a good point... "she probably thinks that this is the new style :)". We went out and rode cars for awhile to let them 'set' and then went inside, unwound them, and a bit to my surprise it actually held the curl. I snapped a few shots of the moment. Someday maybe she will roll her little girls hair into curlers. It might be here before I know it.




No comments:

Post a Comment