Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Our little man is 6 months!





Crazy! Someone told me the other day (after little sleep the night before) to remember that the days seem slow while the years go fast. I can totally see how true that is! I can't believe how much you are doing, Eliott! Lots of milestones this month... your biggest and most exciting is that you are able to see the world from a new view as you have become strong enough to sit up. I still prop pillows around you as you sometimes tip, but you are getting better and better each day. The other day I even watched you almost push from your belly back up to sitting. Life seems a little more entertaining for you now. You also just got your first tooth at the end of your sixth month. You and I spent hours together one night a couple of days ago. I was wondering what the deal was and then the next day you could see that pearly white in your mouth. The second tooth is close behind and I can tell it doesn't feel good. You still love your sissy and she still loves you. The best is when she wakes up in the morning, comes out into the living room, spots you and says with a big smile, "Hi El-tee-tee, Hi... seep good??? Hmmmm?". You just watch every move she makes. I will say that you have given her a bit of a run for her money though, now that you can take her things and pull her hair. You have caused a few tears. When she doesn't want you playing with one of 'her' toys, she will find you a new toy as she takes yours... the one she brings you is often not very exciting :). She does randomly supply you with fun toys, even without being asked. She very much loves her little bro! Dad is the best at making you belly laugh. You lay on his belly and he know just where to tickle you. When he does you let out the biggest belly laughs. It's definitely irresistible. You don't fuss much... only when you figure out that Mom is making your dinner and it's not arriving fast enough. You love pretty much anything I have supplied your tummy with. You're not too picky yet. Sleeping on the other hand still isn't your favorite. The other night you let Mom sleep until 6 without waking her up... thank you for that :). Then the next day you got your first fever and you went back to your old habbits. We're all trying to stay patient in that department. I think you just like seeing us... Dr. Huwe continues to call you a "leader" when it comes to your size. You are growing quickly into your 18 month clothes and through size four shoes. You weighed 21 lbs 3 oz lbs and were 28 3/4 inches long. We just ordered your new carseat since you are too heavy for yours... and your toes hang way off the end of your old one. I was thinking the other day about a thought I had when you were born... 'can little boys be sweet like little girls?'... oh my goodness, I can't get over how wonderfully sweet you are. You have the hugest, most amazing bright blue eyes that just make my heart melt when you look at me and smile. We love you little man!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment