Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A New Day...

As I have posted before, Eliott has been around the house at least twice in terms of where his bed is located.   Our room, the office, Madison's room, our room, office (which turned into his room), ...  A couple of weeks ago, after he decided that staying in his crib wasn't necessary and scaling his crib wasn't that big of a deal, we had to change his crib into a toddler bed.  I feared that, but it actually went incredibly smooth.  He has been a fantastic sleeper the last couple of weeks rarely getting up.  A couple days ago, my Dad brought over the bottom of the bunk bed that he made for my brother and I when we were little tikes.  We set it up and tonight, for the first time, my two kids are asleep in the same room in big boy/girl beds.  I feel like it was just yesterday that I was in the middle of many consecutive sleepless nights.  I remember asking Matt, how long can you survive without a single night of good sleep... 6 months, a year, ...  I'm not saying the night will be perfect but soon there will be no more transitions for these two... 'sigh'.  Madison was soooo excited for 'T' to sleep in her room.  She has been waiting this day for quite some time.  She also did not come our of her room for one more potty or drink... 'sigh' #2.  Praise God for those two crazy cats (and I now hear Madison saying to me, 'Mom, I'm not a cat!)...

ps... I played Hi Ho Cherry-o with Madison today at the kitchen table while TT napped.  After I had clearly explained the rules and told her why landing on the 'spilling bucket' was not a good thing we started to play.  She went and then grabbed the spinner as I was about to go.  When I told her that it was my turn she started to cry and yelled, "I don't want you to get all your cherries off your tree!"  A little competitive spirit in that little peanut.  If so, that will be quite a mix with her sensitive side that doesn't want anyone to feel bad... :)   Fyi, she won two games in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment