Saturday, December 22, 2012

Snow Kids

Our first snow fall was a crazy one this year with a blizzard to follow.  When the kids woke up the first morning to all of the snow, they stared out the window in awe.  Such magic when you are small.  I thought to myself, "We should really bundle up and check it out" but my second thought that closely followed reminded me that I have no idea if anyone has winter boots that fit them, I'm not sure where mittens are, and it's freezing.  Nobody was begging to go out so we spent the day enjoying the view :).  Last year Madison could have cared less to play in the snow and T didn't say  much of anything yet.  I didn't have high expectations.  Late afternoon, Chief was whining more and more and was in major need of some play time.  I convinced (and yes it took some convincing) to put coats and hats and mittens on and let Chief play for a few minutes.  I had tried Madison's boots on and she told me they didn't fit.  I didn't have any that fit Eliott so we went out in our shoes.






To make a story much shorted, the kids were begging to stay out longer as Madison has snow covering her 'jeggings' and Eliott kept saying "I'm Cold!" but refused to go in.  Madison turns and says, "Mom, those boots do fit... can we go put them on?".  I am one happy Mama that I have two kids that love trompsing around in the snow.  We headed back in and went out a little more prepared today... Loved our new found love... we may try and pull out the sleds tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment