Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Sweet Taylor Sue - six months!

We have learned much from each other in this short six months of your sweet, sweet life.  Life as the third has it's high's and low's and you have fit into our family perfectly... and when I say 'perfectly', I don't mean that everything is easy and smooth...

You are just starting to really get into everything you can within an arms reach and a stretch.  You aren't crawling yet but you are close.  From sitting, you 'crawl' over to your hands as if you are about ready to go.  If I prop you up, you can stand while holding onto something.

If I try and hold you while doing something (cook dinner, etc), you immediately lunge out of my arms after whatever it is you see.  When I sit you down, you usually want back up into your favorite spot... Mom's arms.  You like your Daddy very much, but other than that you are very much a Mommy's girl right now.  It is rare that you let someone else hold you happily for very long.

You are very quick to make smile and laugh... and you are quick to let us know if you don't like something.  You go from a scream to a laugh in the same breath.  You are quite daring as you love it when I toss you in the air or turn you upside down.

You are still very much in love with your big sister and brother.  The other day in the grocery store, T was throwing something into the air behind me.  I was holding you up on my shoulder while you watched him and belly laughed harder than i have ever heard an infant laugh.  People were coming out of the adjacent aisles to see what was going on.

You have yet to sleep through the night.... not even one time.... not really even close to sleeping through the night.  You wake up often and sometimes just need your binky while other times it takes a bit more.  I think we're wearing each other out so we are working on this...

You have had teeth come in like crazy.  You started with the two on the bottom and now have the two outside ones on the top in.  You are so very close to having the two front top teeth pop through.  Poor little lady...

You aren't too crazy about anything I have given you to eat... other than a banana.  You will open your mouth wide for those.  Therefore we have tried several 'banana' combos which you have taken... banana/avacado, banana/papaya, banana/apple...  If you try something and don't like it, you go into 'lock-jaw' mode and refuse any more.  I have made most of your food and haven't had much luck getting a smooth consistency so I think that's part of it.  You did like your carrot/potato combo tonight so maybe you are getting a bit more open.  We'll keep trying.

You are sweet, and playful, and very loveable.  We are very much in love with you little Taylor Sue and I love watching who you are unfold each day.  We are very blessed by you.  Happy six months!

No comments:

Post a Comment