Saturday, September 14, 2013

Dutch Oven Cook-off 2013!

Matt's family has held a 'Dutch Oven Cook-Off' for the last seven years.  What an awesome weekend of fun and tastey food!  I hate to brag, but my hubby and I brought home the 'mini antique double barrel shotgun lighter' trophy for the tastiest dish.  We outdid ourselves this year and will have to start practicing up for next year.  It's tough to go wrong on apple crisp :).  I love my husband for many reasons, but I loved him a little extra last night as he snuggled in with T and Madison in our little tent in the 40-some degree weather for their first overnight camping trip.  Tay and I chickened out and headed home.  The kids loved it and said their favorite part of the weekend was sleeping in the tent with Daddy.  What a great weekend of campfires, smores, dutch-oven cooked meals, boat riding, tent-sleeping fun!
Cousins! - Evie, Charley, T, Madison and Taylor, and Savanna


8 months and found her tongue ...

Matt and I in the same picture... may be one of the first on our blog :).  Thanks Karen!

There are few places that this little man doesn't see as open invitation to relieve himself.

Ladies

You know you are real-deal when you have tools like this for your dutch oven!

Uncle Todd took care of Taylor's nap for us :)... I was about five seconds late in getting my camera for a sweet sleeping shot!

The passing of the trophy :).

No comments:

Post a Comment