Wednesday, December 18, 2013

And That's The Truth...

I admit that usually my blog posts are a highlight reel from the Hoffert family.  I'm ok with that... I'd like my kids to remember the good times.  Today, though, I will give you a glimpse into real life. It may make you giggle... or maybe feel better about yourself.  Both, I'm ok with.

So, I woke up this morning a bit later than usual after a long night with my 11 month old beautiful little lady.  Well... maybe I should start there.   At about one in the morning, I said (a little loudly) "I'm going crazy!".  Matt 'excused' me to Eliott's room to shut the door and sleep there.  Thank you Jesus for my wonderful husband.  So, needless to say I woke up late.  Much to my surprise Matt had already left for work and T was sitting in the chair, by himself, watching cartoons.  He says, "Daddy already left".  Whoops.

So then I decide to jump in the shower before Madi wakes up and T is entertained by The Cat in the Hat.  I put out a big bucket of toys for Tay and hop in.  She can definitely move these days and usually I have Madi watch her while I shower, change the laundry, etc, but I was trying to get caught up in the game (and Madi was still sleeping).  I hurry through and when I get out Taylor is nowhere to be found.  So... I went on a mad search in our split level home (she's not great on the stairs and has never successfully come down them).  She was all the way upstairs, playing happily in Madison's room.  Phew... that's why you pray for your kids' safety... Again, thank you, Jesus.

The day continues.  Madison just told me the other day that they have to wear something red for their Christmas program, which was today.  I had never seen that anywhere so the Christmas dress that she picked out with my Mom (you rock, Mom) was pink, of course.  We found her red dress from last Christmas and found some tights and put a long-sleeved white shirt under it.  Check.

There's more.  Maybe this is TMI... I don't know.  When I was changing a diaper, T walks out of our room with a strand of condoms (in the package).  He is squishing them between his fingers saying, "These are squishy... what are they!?!?".  I did what any good, involved mom does.  "Ask your Daddy, Buddy."  Then proceeded to take his video on my phone and sent it to Matt.

Just as we were almost ready to leave for pre-school, I see that T has red between his eyes.  I was convinced it was marker, but when it wouldn't rub off we realized it was blood.  Nobody has any idea how it happened.... including T.

Did I say that it wasn't even noon.  A good morning in the Hoffert house.  I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.  So thankful I get a front row seat to this drama.  I really am... I'm not sure I would have always said it but boy has God used my children to help me grow, relax, and know when to laugh.

My house was a pit as we left for Preschool.  The day turned around.  Madison's program was so fun.  She worked so hard on her songs and sang each and every one of them.  Nice job Madison.  When we got home, Taylor gave us a great nap and we whipped up a snowman in the front yard and took the sled down the hill a few times.  When Tay woke up, the kids stayed outside hoping the neighbor girls would come home to play.  Sure enough they did.  They stayed outside with Ava and Alaina and their Daddy for the next hour and a half.  They played in snow and sledded down our backyard hill.  The best part, I got to watch from my window and get my kitchen clean and dinner started (a huge feat if you would have seen the state of my kitchen counter).  They have never stayed outside without me for longer than five minutes.  Not only that, T-man had never wanted to sled down the hill without me.  He loves (understatement) the neighbor girls and totally turns it on when they are around.  He was flying down the hill with the ladies and dragging the sled back up.

Glad I didn't quit at about 11:00... it was close.  If I could have called a sub, I may have.  Crazy-wonderful... crazy-wondrful.

Just spotted Mommy and T, Daddy was a few rows back.

Rockin' the actions.



Crafts after the program... Madison's fav.

T got in the action at the craft table.  You can see his 'mark' between his eyes.

Our perfect little snow lady.






No comments:

Post a Comment