Sunday, November 6, 2011

Faith like a child...


Initially wasn't sure if this should be a public post, but I don't want to forget it...

Madison is an incredibly sweet, sensitive, and thoughtful girl.... especially when it has something to do with someone who is sick or has an owie. If she hears of someone who is sick or was hurt, she asks about it for days. The other day Madison was with my parents and they were on a walk. My mom was telling my dad about the little boy that was hit by a school bus last week... such a sad story. Madison thought about it and asked my Mom about it, and my mom told her what happened, but didn't want to get into what it means to die, so she pretty much left it at 'the boy got an owie'. She asked her about it several more times and then has asked me about it several times a day ever since. She always says, "Mom, what happened to that little boy?" I always respond, "He was hit by a bus", and usually leaving it at that. She obviously doesn't quite understand it, and when Madison doesn't quite understand something, she can't let it go. We have literally had a discussion about this little boy 20 to 30 times. The other day she asked me again, but went a little farther. Here's our talk...

"Mom, what happened to that little boy?"
"He was hit by a school bus, sweetheart."
"Where is he?"
"He's probably with Jesus."
"Does he have bandaids on his legs?"
"No, sweatheart, his owies are all better now."
"Is he walking with Jesus?"
"Yes, I would bet they are walking together."
"Like in my book, Tallest of the Smalls."
"Yes, Madison."

Faith like a child.


No comments:

Post a Comment