Friday, November 4, 2011

One year ago today...


... I knew I was going to have our baby the following day. We had had an ultrasound earlier in the week and he was a hefty babe so (after a few tears in the office) she worked me in. There actually wasn't a spot open but she told me to come in if anything 'hurt' and they wouldn't let me go home. Eventually something opened up and I had an induction planned. Initially I didn't want the induction (knowing I wanted a natural birth), but he wasn't coming on his own. So I had the great idea to go out to eat as our last night as a family of three. It is the only time we have ever had to leave a restaurant early for our kid(s)... :). To make a long story short, we woke up early, headed to the hospital and had our little/big man at 1:00 the next day.

Tonight, before I put him into bed, he was sitting on my lap. A year ago he was wrapped up and (barely) fit inside my belly. Tonight, his long curly hair was touching my chin and his legs were extended past my knees. What a crazy wonderful year.

No comments:

Post a Comment