Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fall Bucket List Activity (Post #1)... Nature Walk







The kids took extra long naps today while I worked on some pictures so I new we needed to get out of the house for awhile tonight, so... I pulled out the ol' list and decided we needed to check off our first item... A Nature Walk.  My kids are familiar with one of these so when we got half way to the park, Madison asked where our 'buckets' were.  I had thought about bringing them but didn't realize you had to have a bucket for a nature walk... you do.  So we headed back, got our buckets, and arrived at Hartman.  It was a perfect evening to be out and Madison surely did spend the entire walk carefully inspecting each step for perfect leaves, nuts, bark, and whatever else looked interesting to fill up her bucket.  Eliott put a few leaves in here and there but mostly let her sister fill up his bucket.  The kids were especially fond of the camera tonight (a somewhat rare thing... it has been awhile since I've had it out) so we took full advantage.  We even used the ol' timer to get a few family shots.  Overall and great way to see God's creation and have some good family time.  Love my crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment