Sunday, January 16, 2011

A few 'moments' as of late...

The story that made me realize that I NEED to start a blog happened the other night. I really hate to start this will a 'not-so-sweet' story of my little girl, but it's too funny not to record.

Ever since I had Eliott I have not been looking forward to the college students starting back up. Not because I don't enjoy the students being around, but because I lose my husband on Tuesday and Thursday nights and dinner, bath, and bed for two kids is left up to me. This last Thursday was the first, and I new I was in trouble since Madison had been crabby all day. As I was trying to get Eliott to sleep (which wasn't happening as quickly as I had hoped) I was trying to explain to a very tired and somewhat sick Madison that I couldn't 'rock rock' her until her brother was in bed. As I walked into the kitchen, Madison saw the crock pot that I had filled up in the sink to let soak. She spotted the overflowing bubbles and looked at me and said, "Mommy, bubblebath!". Then we had a meltdown on the kitchen floor as I explained to her that she could not take a bath in the crock pot that was soaking in the sink.

Shortly after, we had our second major meltdown. We have a rule in our house that Madison can only have her pacifier (mimi) in her room. As she was obviously working overtime to get my attention, she picked up her mimi (that for some reason was in our bedroom) and showed it to me. When I told her she needed to take it to her room (waiting for the scream) she quickly turned and headed out the door. I was impressed that she followed my direction so well. She quickly returned and pointed towards the hall, obviously wanting me to look at what she had done. When I walked out there she had carefully placed her 'mimi' right outside her door, in the hallway. Matt and I have always said that Madison, being the sensitive girl she is, will never be the kid who pushes or is deliberately mean, but she will be the girl to tell on everyone else... especially her brother. This time she had come to tell on herself that she had not put her mimi in her room like I had asked... instead she had placed it inches from the doorway. When I told her she needed to put it in her room or Mommy was going to put it up, she replied with "put it up". So when I put it away she had her second major meltdown. Oh my... needless to say I threw Eliott in his car seat and rocked him with my foot while I 'rock rock-ed" Madison. My beautiful, tired girl fell asleep in my arms in about 30 seconds... and she was instantly my sweet girl again. First night of putting the kids to bed by myself... check.

No comments:

Post a Comment