Thursday, January 27, 2011

such a short time...


When I had Madison, I was very concerned (as a first time mommy), about all the how-to's of 'mommy-hood' that I read in all my books and magazines. Things such as... when she was sleeping, how much she was sleeping, when she should or shouldn't be eating, don't sleep with her, don't put blankets in her bed, make sure she gets enough tummy time but also enough time on my lap, make sure to stimulate her mind with black and white as well as my face, hold herenough but make sure he can sleep on her own, oh my... the list goes on.

Let's just say that I have loosened up a bit with baby brother. I hold him while he sleeps, we cuddle for hours at night, he sometimes goes from one feeding to another with most entertainment coming from his bouncy seat or big sister, leaving him at home with a sitter is a good thing for everyone, oh my.... the list goes on.

The other day he did fall asleep in my arms and I turned on "Angelina Ballerina", or as Madison says, "Analina Baberina" and I just held him and rocked in the big comfy chair. It was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment