Thursday, February 3, 2011

Particular Little Girl




When Madison was little we quickly realized how particular she was. I remember when she was really litte, she would line up her animal bath toys along the side of the bathtub, perfectly in a line, all facing the same direction. The other day at my parents house, she lined up all of her trolls. When my dad snuck in and flipped one around, she came back into the room, noticed right away, and scurried right over to 'fix' the situation. Once Madison figured out sleeping, she has been a great sleeper... as long as she is at home, in her own bed, with all of the correct animals in her crib... nothing extra and nothing missing. The picture is her crib 'must haves'... and it sometimes changes, but her puppy and blanket are always in the mix. Lately it's blanket ("mamet"), puppy, puppy-two, and little kitty ("Lil kitty"). If one of these would be missing, she would have a VERY hard time drifting off to sleep. Just last night I put out a new Dora picture for her to color. She was more concerned with aligning her colors than she was coloring the picture. She also has an obsession with my magnets right now... but she doesn't like to put them on the fridge. She would rather take them in and out of her cups and line them up. In this picture she even grouped together like magnets. But don't get me wrong, she is very okay with a mess. As I type, all of her books have been de-shelved and spread across the living room. Oh my.

1 comment:

  1. I think Madi and I would get along quite well...when I was little I used to do the same thing...line up all of my stuffed animals on the stairs or line up different objects on the floor. My parents have several pictures of me with all of my stuff "all in a row". :) Hope you guys are doing well, maybe we'll see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete