Thursday, February 3, 2011

Time Out Please, Mommy


Well, the two's have quickly approached and Matt and I have found ourselves in quite the situation... Okay, it doesn't bother me so much when Madison does 'naughty' things as it does when I tell her to do or not to do something and she looks at me with this specific "look at me Mommy" look and proceeds with her 'naughty' activity. I told the story about her telling on herself in a previous post. She still does this. For example, yesterday she picked up a crayon, drew on the couch, then looked at me and said, "Time out, Mommy". When I said that what she did was naughty and she needed to sit on the couch for one minute, she jumped right up there. Then she looks at me and says, "No boat, Mommy", and points to her toy boat that is sitting on the couch. She knows that she can't have any toys around her while she is in a time out and politely asked me to remove it. Oh my, so she tells on herself and puts herself in time outs, and seems to enjoy the whole process. This happens regularly in my house. The picture with the post is of Madison standing up in her chair, which she knows she is not supposed to do, and then asking for a time out. The other picture is of madison sitting in a time out. This is usually the face she has the entire time. We have tried spankings a few times and the results have been a bit different... although she has said a couple of times, "More spanking... more owie butt". The whole house did laugh at me when Mommy tried the spanking. I vividly remember my mom trying to spank me with the same results. Man, this parent stuff doesn't come with a book... what are we doing!? Did my parents know what they were doing? It sure seemed like it, but now I'm beginning to wonder if they didn't look at each other as Matt and I often do and ask, "What in the heck are we supposed to do now???"...

No comments:

Post a Comment