Monday, February 7, 2011

Eliott Is The Big 3-months!











February 5th - 3-months!
Three months ago we headed to the hospital to welcome little (or not-so-little) Eliott into the world. We knew our life was going to get crazy... and it has... but we have LOVED every second of it! Ever since we brought you home, you have been a such a sweet addition to our family. You have graciously welcomed the title of second child, as you have had to 'patiently' wait for Mommy or Daddy as sometimes they have their hands full with big sister. As I have said from the beginning, the lack of attention that you get from Mom and Dad has been made up and surpassed by the love you have received from having a sister. Madison loves you! I often come into a room only to see her saying, "Hello, El-tee-tee" as she passes by you, snuggling you in with her blankets and animals, retrieving your binky, giving you hugs and kisses, ... the list goes on. You have started to get into a bit of a routine this month... Mom wakes you up around 7 to feed you before she heads to work. Then you play with Daddy for about an hour and a half before you need to clonk out. You sleep for about an 1 and a half (usually starting in your crib and ending in your car seat or in someones arms), then you're ready to eat again. You eat around 7, 10:30, 2, 5:30, and around 8:00, taking naps between each feeding. Your nights aren't great, but it's partially Mommy's fault since she doesn't let you stir much before snagging you out of the crib. I'm a bit fearful of waking your sis. Often times, you snuggle with Mommy for the rest of the night. I am still feeding you a couple times at night and sometimes keeping you in bed and sometimes sending you off to your own crib (so Mommy can get some sleep too). I am actually working on your napping as I write this... rocking your cradle with my foot, replacing you binky every now and then.

If I had to take a guess at your personality I would say you are going to be a relatively laid back little boy who easily smiles :). You have been so easy to get to smile... mainly I just have to look at you. You haven't been too interested in rolling over yet. I don't blame you though, you have a lot to roll over! You are still growing and are off the charts! You fit well in your 6-9 month sleepers and onsies and have for awhile! You favorite things to do are sit up on the couch and watch the world go by, watch your sister, and talk to Mommy and Daddy. We are soooo in love with you and are so thankful God blessed us with our wonderful little boy!!! We love you, Eliott!

I am going to post your 2-month blog as well as your newborn 'blog' since I wasn't up in the blogging world then.

January 5th - 2 months

You are such a blessing, Eliott! These two months have been a wonderful blur! You have grown so much these last couple of months and we have loved you as our new addition to our family. You have spoiled Me with how laid back and smiley you are. I just love to sit and hold you and talk to you and make you smile... or maybe you are talking to me and making me smile!? You don't have much of a routine, other than you eat every three hours... going usually four to five at night. You are still an on-again, off-again sleeper, napping for 20 minutes here and there. Soon we will ahve to work on making those longer, but for now, I'm still on your schedule. At your 2 month appointment, you didn't even register on the height or weight charts... coming in at a mighty 16 lbs 4 ounces and 25 inches long. impressive! Dad gave you an A+. You are working your way into 6-9 months clothes very quickly as I have been packing your 3-6 month clothes away. Your favorite place is in your bouncy seat, as you stare down the animals that hang from above. Soon, you will be reaching and grabbing them! You have started to discover that your hands are yours and you control them. It's crazy to watch! That brain is working! We have loved the last 2 months, Eliott, and are so thankful that you are here. We are looking forward to how you grow and progress and what your little personality will show us! We love you and pray for you often and are so thankful for our little boy!!! We love you!


November 5th, 2010 - Eliott's arrival!

A week overdue… we were definitely ready to meet you. The ultrasound that I got the day before you were born showed that you were going to be 9 lbs 10 oz, so we decided you needed to make your entrance. The next morning, Firday the 5th, Dad and I headed to the hospital at 7:00 AM. On the way, your Dad said that if you were a boy it was a great birthday, since it is prime deer hunting season. We both guessed that you were going to be born at 1:00 that afternoon. At 8:00, they stole your comfy little home that you had enjoyed for nine months by breaking my water. Katie was my midwife and the wonderful nurse helping me out with your big day was Megan. Not much happened until about 9:30… when my contractions starting. They got a quite a bit harder by 11:00 and I was ready to get you here by about noon. When I was ready to push you here it took about 8 minutes until you were delivered into your Daddy’s arms. He gave you to me and I was sooooo thankful and felt so blessed to find out that God had blessed us with our first baby boy. You came into this world weighing a healthy 10 lbs 8 oz and was 23 inches long. When the nurse put you on the scale to be weighed she decided to take you off, zero the scale, and do it again. We were all surprised you were bigger than your sister was. I had wondered if it was possible for me to instantly love you like I loved your sister, but as soon as I held you in my arms I new it was possible. It is a God-like love when you have your baby in your arms. We decided to name you Eliott Matthew, after your proud Daddy of course, and when you arrived we thought Eliott seemed like a perfect fit for you. I was so excited for you to be in our family! That afternoon, Madison got to come meet her new baby brother. She was in awe of you. She wanted to give you your binky, cover you up with your blanket, rock you when you were in your car seat, and give you kisses and hugs. She couldn’t say “Eliott” very well, so she called you El-tee-tee. It was a wonderful couple of days in the hospital as I got to spend lots of one-on-one time with you as we got used to each other in your new environment. You are a very wonderful baby boy and we are so thankful Got blessed us with you. We are very excited to see what God has in store for you in the days and years to come!

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your blog, Emily!!!!! You're such a great mommy and your kids are very blessed to have you! So glad we're friends with you guys!

    ReplyDelete