Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Yucky Bucket




Madison has had the stomach flu once... and it was miserable. After Matt got puked on twice, we got the bright idea to get a bucket. So there I sat with my miserably sick girl, trying to explain to her that when her tummy started to feel 'yucky', she just needed to get the 'yucky bucket'. I had little hope that this would work, but partially because of my smart little girl and partially because of a quick mom-move (and a few false gags), she got her third and final puke in the 'yucky bucket'. Success. Ever since then, this read bucket has been name, the 'yucky bucket'.

Lately, Madison has really developed a sense of humor... and mainly she tries to make Matt and I laugh. The other day, Eliott burped and she raised her eyebrows (noting that she just had a bright idea), ran and got the yucky bucket, and held it in front of him. She new this was funny and looked at me like, 'ok mommy, laugh'. Of course I did :). Later, Chief burped and she did the same thing... once again cracking herself up. Funny. Once again, I am so thankful for my kids for many reasons. One of the biggest is they provide many laughs in our household!

No comments:

Post a Comment